We all shot a look of bittersweetness towards each other and rushed out the door, not even turning back to realize all the crying children we were leaving behind.
As we ran down the stairs and around the corner to the Social Workers office, i shyly kept whispering to myself "Just don't cry, just don't cry."
We pushed open the door revealing a small family of three sitting with smiles across their faces.
"B" was sitting on Ma Ma's lap.
One by one we walked up to "B" said our goodbyes, and fought back those persistent tears.
I cupped her face in my hands, looking into those big brown eyes one last time, and kissed those full cheeks. A smile peered across "B's" face and i knew this would be the last time i would see this beautiful baby of mine.
Ma Ma asked if we would take a picture with "B" so they could remember the American girls that helped raise the new addition to their family.
"cheeesseee."
With tears filling her eyes Ma Ma turned around and said, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Pa Pa bent over to give "B" a soft kiss on the top of her head as "B" looked up at him with those brown eyes.
Tears rolled down my cheeks as i watched the new family of three walk away for the last time.
"Bye B" we all said in unison.
And as i stood there all i could think to myself was, "That just made it all worth it.
-I am going to miss "B" so much, but i know that she is finally getting the life she deserves. Words cannot describe the amazing experience it was to watch one of my babies be adopted. I'll never forget this day, and i can honestly say that was one of the best experiences of my life.


I'm crying as I read this. So bittersweet, so happy that she was adopted, but so sad that you'll never see her again.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing experience, Hill! Good for "B" :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously best day ever:)
ReplyDeleteThat's so amazing. I am so happy you're having such a great experience out there!
ReplyDeleteseriously...almost made me cry! I want to do this...so amazing!
ReplyDelete