Don't be alarmed. I am still alive and healthy. I know that many of you were worried about my well being, but no need. Its perfectly fine, and still intact. But for those of you who were wondering.. I MADE IT!!! yes, i am currently in Ecuador, a million miles away from you and i couldn't love it more. No need to be jealous, just grab the next flight over and enjoy this amazing experience with me. I promise you it would be worth every single penny/ family member you leave behind. I feel as if in three short days, my life has already changed dramatically. I have never been more happy in my entire life then i have been the past three days.
Some things you need to know about Ecuador before you purchase that ticket:
-Say goodbye to running water, because everything you do comes from a bottle. Try brushing your teeth using only a water bottle. Not easy
-Putting toilet paper in the toilet after your done "using" it on your (cough) behind. Huge no no. Thats what the garbage can next to the toilet is for.
-"No Mas " and "Hacho" become the new extent of your vocabulary.
- 6am and 10pm become the new times you rise and fall.
-Pack a winter coat to sleep in at night or else you might die of hypothermia. And you thought the "equator" was warm.
-Cat calls, honks and sly whistles become normal noises.
- Closing your eyes while riding in a taxi is perfectly normal. Its best not to watch the "almost" 100 car accidents your about to encounter.
-White rice. Every meal
-Throw up, snot, and poop cover your body head to toe.
Did i scare you away? ah come on.. its not that bad! I have been here for three days and these things have become new ways of life already. Its just "normal".
The things that make everything worth it:
- The look on their faces when you open their bedroom door in the morning to get the babies out of their cribs.
-The smile they get when you kiss their cheeks
-When their crying and they run up and grab your leg and look up at you and say "ma ma"
-Knowing that without you, they wouldn't have anyone to love them.
Even though we wipe them with our hands and clean their snot with our fingers, i couldn't love it more here. Walking into their room in the morning and their still in the same pjs you put them in the night before, because your their mom is the best feeling in the world. Without you they would have no one. Its hard staying up all night patting their backs for two hours straight just so they will fall asleep. But i wouldn't trade it for the world. I know that my mom would have done that for me when i was a baby. And im their mom, so i'll do it for them. I have never been so exhausted in my life, or smelt like poop so bad, but i couldn't be more grateful. These past few days i have learned more from these kids then i learned over 19 years at home. I love them, and they love me. I wouldn't change this opportunity for the world, because "my babies" need me.
ps: pictures will be coming soon!
YES YES YES YES YES! loving this! blog again!
ReplyDeleteI miss you!
Email me!