8.16.2011

Let me introduce you to; Mr.M

I know what your probably thinking.. This blog is mainly about my adventures in this crazy place i like to call Quito, Ecuador. But i figured there is time and room for me to tell you about the most important things in my life, even though you who read this are either related to me, or my good friends. For those of you who just happened to be blog stalking (which isn't possible because this is a private blog, but we will just pretend like it is for the time being) this is for you. For those of you who already know me inside and out, here's a little reminder, just incase you have forgotten about this boy i so dearly love.

Mr.M is my missionary. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and i would be crazy if i didn't marry him someday. Although he lives on the complete opposite side of the world, we stay connected through this ingenious invention called E-Mail. Once a week (preferably Sunday night) i get to hear from this amazing boy of mine. He tells me things that have been going on and also how much he loves me. Recently i sent him a letter with a bunch of questions for this particular moment in time. Being the busy/hard working missionary he is, he just got back to me with his answers. I know you are dying to hear a little bit about him and how he answered my questions.. so have at it.


Q: Full name please?
A: Michael Lincoln Rife

Q: What is your current age?
A: i am currently 19 years old.

Q:How does it feel to be dating someone who lives on the opposite side of the world?
A:Good! Even though it's hard sometimes, it's cool that we are both going through amazing experiences and are growing so much. It's cool to be able to share our experiences with each other.

Q:Would you consider yourself in love?
A:Of course.

Q:Tell me about it..
A: Well.. I've known Hill since junior high.. We kinda dated in 9th grade and nothing really happened. Then we dated in 10th grade and even went to Prom together and it didn't really workout. Then while I was at byu hawaii and she was at utah state we started talking again after a long time and everything was different. It all fell into place perfectly. I had my mission call but had to wait four and a half months before entering the mtc. I had wondered for a while why the Lord wanted me to wait so long before entering the mtc. I later realized that He wanted me to wait so that things could fall into place with Hill. We had an amazing three months together before my mission and we will have an amazing future together.

Q:What's the best thing about living in Korea?
A:Doing missionary work! It is so fun to go out and walk the streets and talk to everyone we see. There are so many different poeple out there and it's fun to meet them and get to know them.. And most importantly.. To teach them about the restored gospel.

Q: Do you have yellow fever yet? 
A: NO!!!!

Q:Top three things on bucket list?
A:Skydiving, travelling the WHOLE world, and doing at least one Ironman.

Q:Plans for the next 3 years?
A:Serve an amazing full-time mission for the Lord and then marry Hillary Ann Bodine then go back to school.

Q:Biggest pet peeve?
A:When people borrow things and don't give them back, and when people have dirty cars

Q: Top 10 things that make you smile.
A: I onlly came up with 8. Sorry!
My nephews and nieces, When our investigators come to church, the fact that I have so much support from back home (family, friends, girlfriend), getting packages and letters, having a conversation with a Korean where we both understand each other, when little Korean kids talk about me in Korean cause they think I can't understand them, the fact that I'm a missionary, when I study each morning and look up and see pictures of my amazing family and amazing girlfriend:)

Q: Top 3 things that make you frown?
A: when I see someone being rude to their kids, when someone meets with us but won't make the changes needed to come unto Christ, when I see poor people and don't know how to help them.

Q:Why am i suitable for you?
A: For sooo many reasons. You are determined, a hard worker, have a strong testimony, and are willing to sacrifice for the Lord. You are a fun person to be around, have a great personality, and are funny. You get along with my family so well, are so good with kids, and seriously we just fit together. Spending time with you is never boring. Oh and you are the most beautiful girl in the world. :)

Q:Any final words to win the readers over?
A:The church is true! Missionary work is amazing. The gospel is amazing and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to teach people about it. Oh and my girlfriend is amazing! But anyone reading this blog already knows that:)

The cutest missionary in the world.
He's perfect isn't he? And the best part about that is, he is all mine! I don't know what i would do without this boy in my life. He makes me so happy. Its hard having the person you love thousands of miles away and only being able to talk to him once a week, but i know he is where he is suppose to be. He is truly amazing and i ask myself everyday "how did i get so lucky?" He is such an amazing example and i am so grateful to have him in my life. We have 19 more months to share our amazing experiences with each other, and then as we like to say.. 2 YEARS FOR FOREVER:)

11 comments:

  1. This is good! I couldn't stop laughing. What funny and interesting questions to ask Michael Lincoln Rife! I love it!

    Sincerley,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha eventually I will do this too.
    Meg just inspires us all :) haha
    this was TOOOOOO CUTE! I love this. I love you guys,
    but you know this, I tell you it aaall the time.
    Missing you probably just a tad less than michael, but its still a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I loved this! Lucky to have my favorite cousin dating my favorite friend! He sure is an amazing missionary thats for sure. Love you Hill. Happy for you two:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I enjoyed every minute of reading it. Hope to spend more time with you when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im glad you liked it! and i would love nothing more then to spend time with you when i get home:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilly, I love this blog, thank you for filling us in on all that you are doing. And by the final question I was definitely "won over" by this dedicated elder. You are such a clever, cute person. Love and miss you, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. That missionary is one fine catch! You are a lucky girl. :) And, from what I know about you by reading your blog and what I've heard from Michael and Jenny and my parents, Michael is one lucky guy to have such a supportive friend like you loving him while he gives two years to the Lord. ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah k what the freak! i did this same exact thing like just the other day..weird..love this though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahhaa i know i read yours! its so cute i love it:)

    ReplyDelete